Purpose of position:
To plan, organise and control the day – to day activities of ESAAG accounting function to ensure the timely, accurate and secure preparation and processing of ESAAG accounting reports and statements.
The Finance Officer is responsible for the sound administration of the financial affairs of ESAAG and must comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and ESAAG financial management, supply chain management, risk management and internal control policies and procedures.
The Finance Officer will be required to network extensively with all staff at the Secretariat, with institutional partners and development partners, and with the finance and administration staff of the Department of National Treasury, South Africa, as National Treasury is hosting the Secretariat of ESAAG.
- Attend to the day-to-day administration of the Secretariat and maintain the relative systems of that office with regard to the Secretariat, for example, financial management (i.e. budgets, payments and reports, office accommodation, IT infrastructure, furniture and equipment, communication facilities, transport, etc.
- Prepare and populate budgets for the Strategic and Annual Operational Plans of ESAAG in collaboration with the Technical Director and CEO.
- Prepare training and event (Mid-Year ESAAG Review, Sub Committee Meetings) and Annual International Conference) budgets within the original budget outlines or motivate approval by the CEO where event budgets exceed the original budgets.
- Process and record the day-to-day financial transactions of ESAAG e.g. payments, accounting, investments, financial reporting, etc.
- Apply appropriate financial measures to keep within the budgetary limits e.g. cash flow control, liquidity prognoses, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of risk management ,financial and operational internal controls, internal and external audit recommendations.
- Perform weekly and monthly debtors, creditors and bank reconciliations
- Perform general ledger adjustments through journals, perform general ledger reconciliations and prepare the trial balance,
- Generate monthly management information and reports regarding the financial situation and other related matters of ESAAG and advise the CEO on corrective steps.
- Negotiate with service providers for presentation of training programmes, event venues and accommodation in collaboration with the Technical Director and recommend agreements for approval by the CEO.
- Compile an Annual Budget Follow-up (variance) report for consideration by the CEO and the Finance, Audit and Risk Sub-committee.
- Compile the Annual Financial Statements of ESAAG, facilitate the External Audit thereof and present to the CEO and the Finance Audit and Risk Sub-committee for review.
- Advise the Chief Executive Officer on the most economic, efficient, effective and equitable methods to attain the strategic objectives of ESAAG.
- Any other duties as requested by the Chief Executive Officer
- A 3 year National Diploma / Degree in Financial Accounting, Management Accounting or Financial; Management or related discipline
- 3-5 years' proven experience in a financial accounting or related environment specifically managing accounts, taxation, VAT etc.
- Sound knowledge and application of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Ability to work with accounting software packages is essential
- Computer literacy with sound knowledge of the full MS Office suite
ESAAG is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and the disabled in particular. Our buildings are accessible to disabled persons. Applications should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV and originally certified copies of qualifications and ID. All qualifications are subject to verification and candidates will undergo compulsory competency testing as part of the recruitment process.
Please forward applications for the above-mentioned position, quoting the relevant reference and the name of the publication which you saw this advertisement, to: ESAAG Secretariat, National Treasury, Private Bag X115, Pretoria 0001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 27 February 2017 at 12:00. No late applications will be accepted.